In the early morning we take the spectacular flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2827m), flying parallel to giant Himalayan Mountains bordering Nepal and China (Tibet). The flight time is about 40 minutes and we land at an airstrip built by Sir Edmund Hillary and the Sherpas in the mid-1960s. After landing we have time to explore the village while our Sherpa crew sort and load our trekking equipment. In the afternoon we begin our trek by descending towards the Dudh Kosi River where we join the main trail to Namche Bazaar, located just above Chaunrikharka (2713m) at Thalsharoa (2680m). The walking is easy and after passing through the many small village like, chheplung, Thadokoshi goon, Nurning ,chhuthaea, Dukdingma(2492m), it is a short walk to Phakding.
Mardi Himal Trek goes around the vicinity of Macchapuchre (Mt. Fishtail).
Being a newly opened trail, very few tourists have trekked in this area. Mardi Himal trek features beautiful villages which are typically Nepali in style and architecture.
Besides, you will also experience wildlife and panoramic views of the most beautiful mountains including Annapurna South, Mount Machhapuchhre (also known as Fishtail) and Mount Hiunchuli.
Mardi Himal Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Pokhara to Pitam Deurali (2100m)
Day 2: Pothana to Forest Camp(2600m)
Day 3: Forest Camp to High Camp (3550 m))
Day 4: High Camp – Mardi Himal Basecamp (4500m) – Low Camp
Day 5: Low Camp to Lwang Village
Day 6: Lwang Village to Pokhara
From Phakding we cross the river and head up the valley, following porters from the south that is ferrying supplies to Namche Bazaar. The trail keeps close to the river valley and is lined with beautiful blue pine and rhododendron forest that is very spectacular in the spring months, when the flowers are Walking through a beautiful pine forest, the track leads us along the Dudh Koshi River through many suspension bridges, one of which is the famous Hillary Suspension Bridge. First, we catch wonderful prospect of the glistening Mt. Thamserku (6618 m). Through the settlement of Benkar, Chumoa, Monjo, we come to the check post and entrance to Sagarmatha National Park. We pass through the last village of Jorsale before reaching Namche Bazaar. The trail climbs through the forests and bridges until we reach the confluence of the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers. After a final steep ascent of about two hours we get first sight of Mt. Everest peering over the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge. We stop at Chautara to admire the view. We still need to hike about 1.5 hours to reach Namche Bazaar, a gateway to Mt. Everest and main trading centre of this region.
Overnight in Namche Bazar at Lodge
This is the scheduled ‘acclimatization’ day for this trek. Health experts always recommend us to stay active and moving during the rest day too instead of being idle. We either spend the day taking a day hike to Thame or visiting Khunde or relaxing and exploring Namche Bazaar itself. Namche Bazzar is the main centre of the Everest (Khumbu) region and has government offices, ATMs, Internet cafes, shops, restaurants, a bakery and a colorful market each Friday evening and Saturday. If we trek a few hundred vertical feet during the day, it will help us to properly acclimatize. Our guides will take us to the Tourist Visitor Center near the headquarter of the Sagarmatha National Park where we can observe an assortment of things related to the first Everest ascenders, Sherpa culture and learn about the various plant and animal life of the Everest region.
Overnight in Namche Bazar at Lodge
From Namche, the trail descends steeply downward so we need to walk slowly and under control. After crossing the suspension bridges over the fast flowing Dudh Koshi and its tributaries the trail becomes more level and natural. Although we are travelling the same route down, we feel completely different views. We snap a mixture of open plains, rhododendron and pine forests, and in the distance snow covered peaks. We walk through the Sherpa villages’ noticing impressive faith in Buddhism and culture of prayer stones and prayers flag while we walk through the villages. On arrival in Lukla, we stretch those sore legs and recall the experiences of the great Himalayan walk.
Overnight in Lukla at Lodge
Morning take exotic 35 min flight to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel and free afternoon for shopping and other personal interest.
- All government taxes and Everest National Park entry fees as well as local charge
- TIMS CARD (Trekking Information Management System). We need two photograph each for permit.
- Required number of experienced English speaking guides ((trained by Ministry of tourism), and support staff (we pay for their daily wages, insurances, trekking equipment’s, their food and accommodation).
- 4 days porter wages and his insurances/meals/accommodation/equipment
- 4 days guide wages and his insurances/meals/accommodation/equipment
- Local taxes in Everest
- 4 nights best Lodge accommodation during the trek on tea house services.
- Rescue arrangement in emergency situation & worst weather condition
- Necessary ground transportation depending upon your request (via tourist bus or private vehicle).
- Flight tickets: Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathamndu for guide.
- Domestic Airfare (Kathmandu to Lukla, Lukla to Kathmandu and domestic airport tax) for
- Trekking poles, sleeping bag, down jacket/duffle bag (we provide these if necessary).
- All necessary Domestic airport taxes.
- Trekking maps.
- Rubbish disposal.
- PNT service charge and government taxes.
- All meals in Kathmandu and during trekking
- Hotel stay in Kathmandu.
- Tips to guides and support staff.
- Additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies, such as ground transportation & Heli rescue/medical/hospitalization. Medical etc).
- Your International flight ticket airfare
- Energetic chocolate/energy drinks/alcohol/mineral water/cigarettes/packing food snacks etc
- Additional medication for altitude sickness (Acetazolamide etc).
- Personal expenses and any other unforeseen expenses, such as Laundry/WIFI on trek/phone call
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Nepal entry visa fees which can get up on your arrival in Kathmandu airport
- Sightseeing tour and All the entrance fees of temple in Kathmandu
- Services not mentioned herein.