Kathmandu Nagarkot Tour with Chandragiri Hill
Bhaktapur Durbar Square is an ancient city of Bhaktapur or Bhadgaon translates as the ‘City of Devotees’. Still untouched by rapid urbanization, Bhaktapur retains its charm by its brick-paved roads, red brick houses, and a way of life that goes back to medieval times.
|Days||Program||Altitude||Distance / Duration||Accommodation|
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu.||1,400 m / 4,600 ft.||Hotels in Kathmandu|
|2||Drive to Nagarkokt||2,175 m / 7,135 ft.||approx. 28 km, 1.5 hrs.||Hotels in Nagarkot|
|3||Drive back to Kathmandu||Hotels in Kathmandu|
Arrival in Kathmandu, and half day sightseeing tour of Nagarkot
Welcome to Kathmandu, Nepal. Upon arrival at the airport, clear all the immigration formalities and outside the airport, our team members will be waiting outside with the Pla-card. You will then be transferred to the hotel.
Drive to Nagarkot
Leisurely breakfast at the hotel. We will then drive to Nagarkot with en-route visit to Bhaktapur Durbar Square. The ancient city of Bhaktapur or Bhadgaon translates as the ‘City of Devotees’. Still untouched by rapid urbanization, Bhaktapur retains its charm by its brick paved roads, red brick houses and a way of life that goes back to medieval times. It is also enlisted as the UNESCO heritage site. Upon arrival in Nagarkot, check in to the hotel, where the remaining day is at leisure. Nagarkot is located 32 km east of Kathmandu, in Bhaktapur District. Situated tt an elevation of 2,195 meters, it is considered one of the most scenic spots in Kathmandu Valley. Known for the sunrise view of the Himalayas including Mount Everest, it commands one of the broadest views of the Himalayas in the Kathmandu valley; 8 Himalayan ranges of Nepal out of 13. The ranges include Annapurna range, Manaslu range, Ganesh Himal range, Langtang range, Jugal range, Rolwaling range, Mahalangur range (Everest range) and Numbur range with views of the Kathmandu valley and Shivapuri National Park. The scenic beauty of the place makes it a very popular hiking route for tourists. Evening, enjoy sunset view from the hotel or from the Nagarkot view point.
Drive back to Kathmandu
Enjoy the sunrise view over the Himalayas, weather permitted, either from the hotel or from the view point. After breakfast, we will drive back to Kathmandu and continue our tour starting with Chandragiri hill via cable car. Chandragiri Hill is seven kilometers from Thankot and lies on the south-west side of Kathmandu Valley which is 2551 metres above sea level. The hill provides panoramic views of Kathmandu Valley and the Himalayan ranges from Annapurna to Everest. Every year during the winter season the hill receives a plummeting amount of domestic as well as an international tourist enjoying the rare snowfall that generally lasts for a few weeks. At the top of the hill lies the temple of Bhaleshwor Mahadev. The temple is believed to have been erected at one of these sites, where Satidevi's forehead ('Bhala') had fallen. Then, visit Swayambhunath Stupa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, situate in the top hill within the Kathmandu valley. It is also said to be a self-created stupa. Later, visit Kathmandu Durbar Square is in listed in a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We will visit different temples and walk along the Ason Bazzar. Due to the earthquake, Museum in Kathmandu Durbar Square is under construction. We will then walk along the Thamel Street. We will also have the chance for some last minutes shopping to buy trekking gears if needed. Later, check in to the hotel.
Final Departure [B]
Depending on the flight schedule, you will be transferred to the airport for your final departure.
- Arrival and Departure transfer to / from the airport in private a/c vehicle
- Sightseeing tour as per the itinerary in a private a/c vehicle
- 2 nights’ accommodations at hotels in Kathmandu in double / twin rooms in BB basis
- 1 night accommodation at hotels in Nagarkot in double / twin rooms in MAP basis
- Entrance & monument fees as per the itinerary
- Local English Speaking Nepali Guide during the tours
- Mineral water during Sightseeing
- International and regional airfares
- Licensed holder tour guide during sightseeing,
- Bar bills, Laundry bills, Airport taxes,
- Any items of purely personal nature such as laundry, telephone calls, tips and gratuities to drives, guides, hotel’s and restaurant’s staff
- Personal, Travel and Health Insurance
- Refreshments, bottled drink
- Optional Tours
- Cost arising out of flight cancellations or delays, road blockades/ landslides/ riots and any events that are beyond our control of Koili Tours or its associate agents
- Photography charges
- Any other charges which are not mentioned in the above cost.
What's Not Included
Read our FAQ that answers general questions
+977 1 4442380 / 4442388